Thursday, January 31, 2008

So come on ye rolling minstrels, and together we will try, to rouse the spirit of the earth and move the rolling sky

I can't wait until the Super Bowl is over with. I'm interested in watching the game, but the media blitz that's been going on for the last two weeks makes me want vomit through my eyes. Nothing insightful has come out of all this slop. Nothing. Not one fucking thing. Do I need to know a player's favorite pizza topping? Will I be a better person having found out that Tom Brady plans to play hard? These guys are skilled at what they do, which is chase a ball around in a thinly-veiled homo-erotic kind of way. They are not like the Beatles back in the day, who were charming and witty in front of the media. Most certainly not. And nor do I expect them to be. My complaint is that two weeks worth of football players talking is two weeks too many.
--
Made some Biryani after work and then went for a much needed run. Once again I encountered the dog brigade on the bike path. Their nightly road blocks are a real thorn in my side. As I approached them, another runner coming from the opposite direction had to come to a stop before he was allowed to pass. He made it through and shook his head angrily. I had visions of the two of us getting into an old fashioned brawl with them. We'd be outnumbered, but we'd prevail---our pure hearts would propel us to victory. The only problem is I love dogs and wouldn't want to have to knock some of them out. I'll have to think of a less violent solution to the problem.
--
Off to watch some of the Celtics/Mavs game. A big game, but we're without KG. I predict we lose this one. Hope I'm wrong.

No comments: