Friday, January 25, 2008

Don, he was long, misshapen and forlorn, and his woman ran away without a smile

I was reading reviews for Lonesome Dove online today and stumbled across one that revealed the death of a major character. What a jerk! This was a customer review, so I knew I was running the risk of inadvertently learning more about the story than I was comfortable with. Most people, in this instance on Amazon, are good about not publishing spoilers, but occasionally there's someone who just can't keep a secret. Well, I tracked this particular guy,"Pat from Skokie", down---don't ask me how---and ran him through with a hunting knife. I didn't introduce myself, didn't say a word---I just walked up to him and stabbed him in the chest. Of course I didn't really do that, would never do something so cold and inhumane over a perceived slight, but I'm a little concerned that I concocted this brutal fantasy. Am I becoming unhinged? Not yet, but if I read another spoiler....
--

Went for a satisfying run after work, despite the frigid temperature. I'm tired now and will probably fall asleep before I intend to. I won't put up much of a fight, but even still, I'm going to coach myself to resist the call of sleep for as long as I can.

Talked with Janelle tonight. I miss her and it was great hearing her voice. She told me about her new love, her dog Zico, and her fondness for him was stamped all over her voice. I'm happy she's having this experience. She deserves it.

The Celtics are playing the baby Celtics, which is to say Minnesota. For those of you who don't know, we acquired Kevin Garnett from Minny and gave them half of our team in return. I think they have about seven former Celtics in their lineup. KG will still overwhelm them with his intensity and send them skittering for a rock to crawl under.

Ok, I'm out. If time permits, tomorrow I'll explain my decision to change my last name to Seacrest.

No comments: