Sunday, January 6, 2008

Why should I care, life is one big jubilee

Woke up thinking about her. Don't know why; maybe I had a dream about her. Whatever the cause, I vetoed the thought immediately. Out of sight, out of mind---that sort of thing.
--
Another thought I had upon waking---and this is true; not some bit---was an epiphany about an old joke, one that some would tag as juvenile, but not me----I think it's probably one of the best jokes in the history of jokedom. Anyway, you've heard the joke before: Q. What is the dirtiest thing ever said on TV? A. When Mrs. Cleaver said to her husband, "Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?". I'll give you a minute to finish laughing before I explain the epiphany.

Ok, all set? Good. So, I always understood the joke to mean Mr. Cleaver had rough sex with his son, The Beaver, the previous night. But, upon analyzing it, I realized that The Beaver, the son, had nothing to do with it and the beaver Mrs. Cleaver was referring to was her own. Man, that revelation stuck with me all through breakfast and on my way to and from Starbucks. Well, I think the joke works better my way, quite frankly. There is always the possibility, of course, that my so-called epiphany was no epiphany at all, that I'd always interpreted the joke correctly. I'll have to ask around about this.
--

I had sushi for breakfast. It was good and there was no resulting troubles with my bowels, but you'd figure there would be, right? I'm asking this because I don't often have sushi for breakfast and it doesn't scream out "breakfast food". But, neither does French toast. Ok, it does, but only because..........oh, I have no idea why. I've run out of steam on this topic. I just thought you'd find it interesting that I had sushi for breakfast. "Kevin is such a exceptional and unique individual. Wish I thought of eating sushi for breakfast instead of the bowl of soggy Grape Nuts I had. If only my brain was wired like that endlessly creative, magnificent man". Those are thoughts I was hoping to eke out of you. Let me know if I was successful.
--
It's a crummy day and I'm inclined to recline, meaning I'd like to go back to bed. Before I do that, though, there are errands to do.

No comments: