Friday, January 18, 2008

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?

Been listening to Cat Power's The Greatest and it hardly lives up to it's title. Not to say it's swill, but it's just so average that, after all the excessive hype, I'm left wondering if I've been listening to the same album everyone has raved about. I'll listen it to it some more and maybe I'll come around, but I doubt it. If Luke Warm's roommate Michael ever gets wind of my feelings, he'll gut me like a mackerel. He is a serious Cat Power fan.
--
I had a dream that I had a wife. It was nice. (Is that a proper haiku? My haiku skills have diminished considerably over the years, so I'm not sure. Anyhow, I did have a dream that I was married and it was nice. So, uh, yeah.....)
--

Running on the bike path after work, I once again encountered the "dog people". These are folks who congregate with their dogs on the bike path every single night between six and seven. They like to gather in the middle of the path with their dogs zipping to and fro, getting tangled up in their leashes. These fuckers are a real pain in my ass because I have to run off the path into the mud and ice to get around their road block. I always shake my head angrily and mutter something under my breath as I pass. That'll show 'em. One of these days, I'd like to come running down the path with a couple of Bengal tigers on either side of me. Then we'll see who the king of the bike path is. It'll be a bloodbath, I tell ya.
--
Just watched the Tom Cruise scientology clip. Don't think it will tarnish his reputation because people already think he's nuts, but man is this guy feverish about Scientology. I wish I was feverish about something. Maybe I'll check out Scientology. Have you ever heard the saying, "In a ham and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed"? Well, all my life I've been the chicken; I want to be the pig, damn it. Just like Mr. Cruise. Scientology, here I come!

No comments: