Monday, January 14, 2008

We sit here stranded, though we all do our best to deny it

As always, my days off go by too quickly. I'm not looking forward to going back to work and it's just another sign that I need to look elsewhere for work. In the meantime, however, I'll make the best of my situation, and try to keep the stress levels down.

I'm bringing my car into the shop before work tomorrow and if things go the way I think they will, I'll be picking up my car tomorrow evening needing more work done, but work I'll have to have done at another time and place. I don't envision them saying to me tomorrow, "We screwed up the first time we worked on your car, and have corrected the problem. This time for good. And at no cost to you, of course." Well, it would be a small miracle if that were the case, but who knows, maybe I have one coming to me.

The Celtics are on tonight, but I'm debating whether I should watch Eastern Promises, instead. If I wrap this up soon, I'll be able to watch the movie and some of the game. Sounds like a plan.

So, with that, I'm off to the movies, so to speak. I was hoping to write about how I really feel about my family and friends, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I was also going to finally reveal the identity of the woman I once swooned over in these posts, but again, it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Maybe another time.

No comments: