Sunday, January 13, 2008

You slide so good, with bones so fair, you've got the universe reclining in your hair

Saw Juno today and it lived up to the hype. Ellen Page was magnificent; the entire cast was magnificent. The film hit all the right notes and was refreshing, like a glass of Sunny D. Overall, I give it 5 stars. Out of 15. Just kidding:I give it 5 stars out of 14. That's more like it.

Spira and I went to Mr. Crepe before the movie and it was a full house. Every time I go there I have to reconnoiter the place for likely places to sit. I have to admit I'm quite skilled at predicting when people are about to leave their table. Lucky for Spira I once again utilized my talent and found us a table in a manner of minutes, much to the chagrin of the other chumps looking for a table. She had little faith we'd find a place to sit and suggested we get the food to go. She's a sweet kid, but she needs to be frequently reminded that I'm a guy who makes things happen. Perhaps after today she'll never doubt me again, but I doubt it. Anyway, the crepes were delish as always. Mine had lamb in it, in case you're wondering.

After our meal, we went and bought our tickets and then went to Starbucks and each got a white chocolate peppermint mocha latte (I always screw up the name when I'm ordering. "Yeah, I'll have a white chocolate peppermint.....uh, chocolate mint mocha .......uh latte", is kind of how it usually goes). Luke Warm called and told us he'd come down and see the film with us, though it was dubious whether he'd make it on time; he was at Lechmere station. We didn't see him in the theater---he had shown up about a half hour into it---but after the film we met up with him outside.


Went for a pre Nor'easter run tonight and had chinese food that Kreg had ordered from Chang Sho when I returned. I got some Peking raviolis and General Gao's chicken, in case you're wondering.
--
I was just reading about the "Madonna-whore complex" that Freud put on the table. If you view women as virginal, sacred, and pure objects, and then after having sex with them, consider them filthy, whorish, and untrustworthy, then you've got the "Madonna-whore complex". 98% of my male friends have serious cases of MWC. Again, I'm kidding: only about 97% of my male friends have it. Fucking pigs!

I'm off to listen to some T.Rex and forget all my worries and cares. I suggest you do the same

No comments: