Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We kiss on the mouth, but still cough down our sleeves

Went for a run after work and, I'm sorry to confess, it was the first one in a couple of weeks. Yes, I fell victim to the sluggish allure of the holidays and stopped running for a bit. These things happen and tonight was a good first step back into my old routine. In addition to exercising again, I also need to take a more stringent approach to my diet. Been letting too many snacks get past the censor, and that's going to stop. I see nascent veal-dom in the mirror and I don't like it. No, sir, I do not. From here on out, it's only sprouts and water for me. Nothing else. You don't think I'll be able to stick with it, do you? Well, I'll show you. I'll show you all!
--

Going to finish watching Tristram Shandy tonight, one of my favorite films of the last few years. It'll be good to see Gillian Anderson again. Man, she's purty.

--
Kim came in to work today and immediately summoned me to the back room. Laughing, she told me Bill approached her yesterday and said everyone was convinced her and I were having an affair. And that I told him Kim was "wild" in bed. I wasn't surprised; the gossip had gotten back to me a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was kind of funny and shrugged it off. For the record, I never said Kim was wild; Bill authored that claim all by himself. Wishful thinking.

Throughout the day, Kim continued to bring it up in conversation (you're astute enough to know what I mean by "it", right? I don't need to explain that by "it" I mean the gossip about Kim and me having an affair, do I? Good, because that would have used up a bunch of space and time that I wouldn't have been too keen on giving up.) . I started to get the feeling that Kim wasn't so against the idea of us hooking up. Now, I'm almost at the stage where I'd violate a block of Cabot's cheddar for some relief, but I think, if the situation came up, I'd pass on hooking up with Kim. I get along with her, to be sure, but I'm just not attracted to her. I hope this situation doesn't escalate. I have enough on my plate right now.
--
Ok, I'm off, and in case you were wondering, it is true that I'm built like a brick shit house. It's been confirmed.

No comments: