Thursday, January 17, 2008

You came and lay a cold compress upon the mess I'm in, threw the window wide and cried, "Amen! Amen! Amen!"

My dad called me at work and told me my grandmother was back in the hospital. When I asked him when she was admitted, he told me Sunday night. I didn't bother giving him grief over not telling me sooner; I was more concerned with my grandmother's welfare. My father told me her back pain, the pain that for some reason no doctor has been able to diagnose, had gotten so bad, she couldn't even move an inch. She finally acquiesced to a trip to the hospital, and when they came and helped her up, she screamed so much, my father had to step outside. This has been hard on him.

I called Nana at the hospital after I got off the phone with my father. I expected her to sound doped up, but was surprised to hear her sounding clear headed and in good spirits. She was going to be released in the afternoon and brought to a rehab clinic in Chelmsford. And from there, she'll probably end up staying at my aunt and uncle's house across town. I hope she'll be able to return to her house at some point. If she doesn't, it will be a sad thing. She loves that house.
--

Was going to head up to Portsmouth tonight to see Shane play, but I needed to stick around here to help my dad move some of my grandmother's stuff to Chelmsford. As it happens, I don't think that will be going down tonight. Anyhow, I hope Shane, one of the most talented blokes I know, has a good set. Knowing him, I'm sure it will be transcendent.
--

I'm beat, so it will be off to bed with me soon, which means I'll probably stay up later than usual. That somehow sums up the way my life unfolds. Oh well, what are you going to do.

No comments: