Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lost upon the ocean, he died there in the mist

Today was a better day at work. Not once did I have the urge to horse whip myself or anyone in the face. That's progress, the way I see it. Ah, but for how long will this absence of unease last? If I get one more day of it, I'll be a happy Kevin.

What is with me and sushi lately? I've been having it for dinner almost every night for the last week or eight. Well, the shit's got a fine taste and it satisfies my hunger. No one is getting hurt out of the deal, except the fish, but since when do fish count? That was cruel. I apologize.

I used to be an asshole to fish. Not as a general rule, and not frequently, but I was cruel. In the summer, when I'd go fishing up in Maine, I used to catch perch, reel them in, and cast them back out onto the exposed rocks fifty feet from the shore. I probably only did it once or twice, but the memory has stuck with me. What a sadistic prick. I know, I know---that's how serial killers start out. The difference is I have a pure heart, which disqualifies me from chopping up my fellow humans. All that stuff with the fish happened when I was young and now, well now I'm hard pressed to kill a fly, though for some strange reason, I'm not so hard pressed to kill an otter. Strange, that. Anyway, I've softened with time, but yet my gaze is harder than ever. Go figure. To conclude, I've curbed my violence towards them, I still have no problem gleefully stuffing fish in my maw.
--
Great to see the grass roots support Ron Paul is getting, but there is no way the establishment is going to let this guy get elected. Not in the cards. I hope my cynicism is proven to be unfounded, though, but I doubt it. Anyway, check out Ron Paul and stay away from every other candidate. That's a direct order.
--
Off to watch some Celtics, work on some music, and read from Lonesome Dove. And if there's time, I'll watch an episode or two of Fawlty Towers. I better get crackin'.

No comments: