Thursday, January 10, 2008

Song sung blue, everybody knows one

I'm coming off a brief bout of anxiety, the consequence of drinking more coffee than I usually do (what can I say? Starbucks has me hooked on their white chocolate peppermint mocha latte). As I said, it was brief, but it made me think, at the end of it when I knew I'd be alright, of God, or more, the concept of God.

How could I put my faith in something that has created, and allows to flourish, pain and suffering? Why does it even exist? Why do we need to bear it in order to truly appreciate the fine things? I don't know, or I guess I have some ideas, probably the same ones you have, but sometimes you've just got to trust that whatever is at play in the Universe is beyond our ken and has our best interest in mind.
--

Just watched 3:10 to Yuma and it was top of the shelf. Is it possible to go wrong with a film when your two leads are Russell Crowe and Christian Bale? No, it is not. Next up: Eastern Promises, a film I'm eager to watch and given the hype, will be surprised if I don't like it.

--
Today was beautiful and made me pine for spring. I'm hoping this trend of nice weather continues; it energizes the soul.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

truly said, anything with those two actors is bound to be good.

like movies?