Saturday, January 12, 2008

The night is full of holes, those bullets rip the sky of ink with gold

I opened up a bit to Spira on the phone last night about what's been going on with me psychologically. It was good to get some things off my chest and have someone listen. I felt better afterwards; I'd half convinced myself that every calamity, every trial, every bout of suffering, had to be endured alone. To be reminded that this was not the case was what I needed.
--
Watched the Patriots defeat the Jaguars at Leesa's and got to see Foley, a good friend I haven't seen much of in the last year. We talked about songwriting and the current state of music during the commercials. With great vigor, Leesa chimed in, telling me about her song, "Five Minute Fuck", and how, if it wasn't for Foley convincing her to stick with it, the song would have been ditched years ago. Judging by the animated way she lovingly described the song, I'm not so sure the song would have been ditched for very long if Foley hadn't intervened. I told her we should put out a split single, because I had a song called "Three minute cuddle", a masterpiece I never once thought of ditching.
--
Been kicking the Abba lately and........hell yeah---Abba! For years I had made the mistake of labeling them as corny, which, despite appearances, they most certainly are not. Some damn good song craft going on there 'neath the glitter.
--

Spira and I are going to catch a matinee of Juno tomorrow at the Somerville Theater. In conversation the other night, I mentioned that it was playing, and without hesitation she exclaimed, "That's it, we're going on Sunday!". So, the bill has been passed and tacked onto it was the going out to brunch beforehand clause. I'm thinking crepes in Davis Sq.
--
After spending close to eight hundred dollars on my car over a week ago, the thumping sound I thought they had rectified is back. I am not happy with this development. I called the garage where I got the car "fixed" and told them what was happening. I expressed my displeasure assertively, saying, among other things, that I wasn't thrilled that my money was ill spent. I'll be bringing my car back to them in a couple of days. Let's see if they don't fuck this up again.
--

That's all I've got for you. I'm tired and will read as much as I can before sleep overtakes me.

No comments: