Saturday, April 5, 2008

My seat over the wing, I'm the happiest hot potato on the plane

I worked late today and now I don't feel like doing much of anything. Maybe I'll get my second wind and I'll rage through the night like a sailor on shore leave. I doubt that will happen, if only because I don't have enough cake to pay for a hooker. That's what sailors do on shore leave, right? They also gamble, get piss drunk, and fight, too. Yeah, that's right---I'm well versed in the social pursuits of sea faring men. I also know a shitload about the French Foreign Legion, in case you're interested.
--
I'm determined to begin meditating again on a daily basis. I've gone too long without practicing it and I think it's more essential now than ever before that I have it in my life. It's time to venture back to the void. It's either that or I start body building. Yeah, dude, I'm gonna get huge!
--
Was talking to my dad about The Office yesterday and he was telling me about how he's been missing the repeats on cable. I told him not to worry because he can watch the dvds at his leisure. The ones I bought him. Oh, yeah, he said, I have the cd's (he's not ready yet to introduce the word dvd into his vocabulary). I don't think he'll watch them, though. I get the sense that he thinks putting the disc into the player and pressing play will be a lengthy, involved process and thus not worth the effort.
--
Looks like I'll be playing a show with Leesa in June. I think Foley may be playing, too, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, a date will be set soon. I'm dying to showcase my new rapping ability. No more whiny singing for me, bitches.
--
I've been trying to decide who, if forced to, I'd rather fight: a child, a person in a wheel chair, or a frail, old man. Now I'm no Carmine Ragusa, but there's no way I'm losing to any one of them. The question is who would I feel less lousy about beating to a pulp? Well, I'm going to rule out the frail, old man, because most likely I'll kill him if we fight, and there's no way I'm going back to the can. I wouldn't feel so bad about beating up the guy in the wheelchair, but I'm going to rule him out, too, because he'll have a lot of rage built up from not being able to walk and will probably spaz on me. No thanks. So, the child it is. I'm fine with that. Kids are usually deserving of a beating for one reason or another and since they're young, will heal quickly. Now I just have to find a kid to pick a fight with.

No comments: