Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mi corazon suere y se llena de enojo

Kim was being a rotten fucking bitch today, which is to say I wasn't very pleased with her disposition. Whenever I asked her to do something, she'd level a contemptuous look at me, one that said, "I will do what you want me to, but only because, as the situation stands, you're my boss. But know this: I loathe you with every fiber of my being and find your managerial style to be comically ineffectual. Now why don't you go to Hell, you weak, weak man."

Unfortunately, I was too busy with my own stuff today to probe her about why she was being so icy towards me. I had the distinct feeling that someone had told her something negative I said about her yesterday when I had the day off. And because I do my best to keep my thoughts private in that nest of vipers I call work, whatever it was I said about her was most likely either greatly exaggerated or completely fabricated. And if something was said, and I hate to say it because we've been getting along, it was probably said by Gio.

Who knows if anything went down at all. My work environment lends itself to paranoia and Kim was probably just in a foul mood. As she was leaving tonight, I asked her if she had a problem with me and she told me she didn't, that she was just going through a bad time in her personal life. Do I believe her? I'm not sure, but I really don't care all that much, either. Maybe, if she was hot, I'd put more of an effort into keeping the peace, but she's not, so I guess we'll have to see how things play out. Is that shallow of me? You're right--- it most definitely is not.
--
I'm planning on watching the Bruins tonight, though I don't have much faith they'll pull out another win against Montreal, who are clearly superior in almost every aspect (they're also better people in their personal lives). But I love rooting for the underdog, so I'm hoping the B's give them trouble.
--
I've finally gotten around to watching the new version of Battlestar Galactica. When it first came out on SciFi, I imagined it was going to be sucky for two reasons: because it was a remake of an old corny tv show starring Dirk Benedict and because it was airing on Scifi, a station not exactly on par with HBO when it comes to producing quality shows.

After hearing how great it was from varied sources, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. My verdict? Fucking great show! They were right. Mature plotting, great acting, killer premise---it's got it all. I have to say, I'm impressed. And also, if there had been any doubt, a full fledged nerd. As you may know, that doesn't sit well with me because I fucking hate nerds! Oh, the complexity of life.--
I was just reading about a book called Experiments With Time, that was written in the 20's by J.W. Dunne, who I think was a physicist, or at the very least a scholarly chap. The basic premise of the book is that dreams are actually memories of future events. I can't tell you how many times I've had the feeling of deja vu and thought that it really was just a part of a dream that came to fruition. I'm going to have to check this book out, especially now that I'm a full fledged nerd.

Well, there's still hope for me. I am, after all, about to watch the brutal game of hockey and if I have time in the next day or two, I'm going to trade in my Taurus for a hulking, intimidating pick up truck. I'm going to be Ford tough, bitches. Look out.

No comments: