Friday, April 4, 2008

Here I lay waiting for the bubbles to settle, I'm going down low where your sleep meets your mental

Last night I had one of my flying dreams, but this time I wasn't freaked out by flying. It began with Luke Warm, a couple of other friends, and me on a plane headed to Florida. I thought to myself I should be anxious about flying but I had a great time. Everyone was mingling and laughing and I was excited to see Florida again.

At some point I fell asleep and when I awoke, the plane was landing. I looked out the window and saw that it was snowing and that we were back in Boston. I looked around and discovered most of the people who had been on the plane before my nap were gone. I asked the flight attendant what was happening and she told me I didn't get off the plane in time when it landed in Florida and consequently, I ended up on the return trip back to Logan. I spent the rest of the dream trying to buy a ticket back to Florida and wondering why none of my friends woke me up when we landed in Florida. One of these days, I'm going to have things work out for me in my dreams.
--
I had a feeling today was going to be a difficult one and it was. We lost power for a few hours in the morning which put us behind schedule and I spent what seemed like hours trying to order parts for Bill. I had to wade through a turbulent sea of menu options at every place I called and the few times I was able to get an actual human on the phone, I received nothing in the way of help. There were a ton of other little things that added to the difficult day, but I'll spare us all the details.

A highlight of the day was when I rented some stuff to the father of one the best friends of my youth. The last time I saw him I was a freshman in high school. He filled me in on what my old friend was doing and it was strange hearing him described as an adult. As far as I'm concerned, he's forever etched in my memory as a fourteen year old boy.
--
I've been watching season two of the Office (US) on dvd and I'm always impressed at how well the show was put together. So much of the humor is subtle and true to life. Amanda had it right, though, when she opined that the current season isn't as good as the previous ones. At first I didn't see it, but it's now pretty clear to me that, while the show is still really good, it's become exaggerated in almost every facet. The humor is broader, bordering on slapstick in some instances, and the show suffers for it.
--
Ok, it's been a long day and I'm effing beat. I'm going to do my best to relax tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a fun and sexy day. Hey, it could happen, you know.

No comments: