Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blue, blue, electrice blue, that's the color of my room

Pretty cool seeing Jesse Ventura risking public ridicule by speaking his mind about 9/11. He has stated for the record that he thinks 9/11 was an inside job and that he regrets not coming to his senses about it while he was still Governor, when he was in a better position to have done something about it. Not surprising that the major media hasn't covered this story. If you're interested in hearing more of what he had to say, check out his interview with Alex Jones. You can listen to it on 9/11 blogger.com. This guy is a brave bastard and a true patriot.
--
When I came back to work after lunch today, Kim told me Gio had quit. What was it this time, I asked myself. Kim told me he had been arguing with his girlfriend all day and was about to blow his stack, so he quit. I wasn't too thrilled at the prospect of having to do the rest of the day's deliveries by myself and hoped Gio would change his mind and come back.

About an hour later he did. He had a gauze bandage on the side of his neck and I knew it was from taking a knife to it. This wasn't the first time he'd done that. I asked him if was alright and he said he wasn't. I asked him how bad his neck was and he said it was a pretty deep cut. He said he had to show his girlfriend that he was serious.

I didn't probe him any further. Throughout the rest of the day, he seemed to be in a much better mood than he was earlier in the day. The bandage, though, told the story of someone who is suffering. Karen has offered more than once to pay for counseling, but he's refused her help. Hopefully, he'll reconsider.
--
It may not seem so, but I had a good day today. It was warm and sunny, work went pretty smoothly, I hit a lot of green lights on the road, and had a tasty sushi dinner. And I recalled something funny she had said to me one summer night in Davis Square that made me laugh harder than I had in a long time. All in all, not a bad day.

No comments: