Sunday, April 13, 2008

Free love on the free love freeway, where the love is free and the freeway is long

I had a frustrating weekend at work and it had nothing to do with orders getting messed up or shitty customers. It was more the lack of confidence Karen showed in me. Her expectations of me, in some instances, are exceedingly high, and if I had the right staff and eight arms, I probably would be able to meet them. I stayed close to two hours late last night trying to put things in order, but I had the sinking feeling that my efforts wouldn't have an impact.

Gio, in his new position as Warehouse Manager, has been feeling the heat, as well, and if he sticks to his guns (something he's not been very successful at), he will relinquish said position and its added responsibilities and return to the simpler days of being a driver. Of course, he wasn't able to handle that job for very long before suffering some sort of break down, but everything is relative and the evil you know and all that jazz.

So what does this mean for me, if he demotes himself? It means more fucking headaches, that's what it means. It also means I better start gathering my gear because this son of a bitch needs to abandon ship.
--
You know the type of guy I'd like to be? No, not a handsome, erudite, pure-hearted, and erotically dangerous one, because, as you are well aware, I'm already that guy. The guy I'd like to be is the guy who, when being followed stealthily, stops at some point and says casually, "Ok, you can come out now". See, that would be amazing to be that guy because he should not have known he was being followed because, and I neglected to mention this, he was being stalked by Native American's who have been tracking their entire lives and were also Navy Seals. Yeah, that's the guy I want to be. Also, I'd like to have lasers shoot out of my eyes.
--
I'm not sure why, but I've been waking up the last few days with the chorus to Build Me Up, Butter Cup looping in my head. I can't say I'm a fan of the song, but it's better than You're Still the One and it is pretty uplifting. That could bode well for me. But who is this Butter Cup I'm telling to lift me up? Hmmmmm..........
--
Netflix is dangerous. One can spend hours browsing its library and toying with one's queue. Last night, I found myself deep in the trenches of possibilities. What should I have follow City Lights? Oh, I know, I'll follow it with Elizabeth because somehow Chaplin and Cate Blanchett will pair up nicely. And should Band of Brothers be sandwiched between The Passion of Joan of Arc and Sword of Doom? Hmm, I don't know. Maybe I should go for a walk and contemplate this.

Yes, Netflix is dangerous.

No comments: