Sunday, April 27, 2008

The King called up his jet fighters, he said you better earn your pay, drop your bombs between the minarets, down the Casbah Way

The sweet and the sour. My grandmother's back in the hospital for another surgery (she fractured one of her ribs) , making this the sixth one since December. I just spoke with her and she kept saying "Please, God, let this be the last time". I didn't know what to say.

My date with Mara went well. Better than expected, actually. We went out for Greek food and then went over to Christopher's for a drink. The mood there was low key and a touch somber. I found out why when I looked up at the TV and saw that the Celtics were about to lose a game to Atlanta. Guess I picked a good game to miss.

Afterwards, we went to her apartment and watched an episode of Lost in her living room. I checked out her roommate's turtle and Mara showed me how to get it sexually excited by tapping the glass of its tank. Never saw a turtle so animated before.

And that is where I will end the recap, because some things needn't be retold.

It was a good night.
--

It's a cool, gloomy day; the perfect climate to be a layabout. I'll probably get some reading done and maybe watch Sweeney Todd at some point. And maybe, just maybe, I'll see if I can win a game of basketball on PS2, something I've been unable to do of late.

No comments: