Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm going to tell you the way it is, and I'm not going to be kind or easy

First day back to work after the long weekend and it wasn't so bad. In fact, I was actually looking forward to it in a way. It doesn't hurt that I fancy one of my coworkers (Just between you and me, I never, ever say that I "fancy" anything in everyday life. Why? Because it sounds corny, son! But I'm going to let it remain here for reasons that are beyond me). Speaking of Ann...

I think we've become closer, or more comfortable with each other of late. She's initiating conversations more often and the rapport we have is less awkward, unforced. It's not that it was ever uncomfortable between us, but the pace in which we opened up to each other was relaxed and progress took its time reaching us. It's encouraging, no matter what form it takes, to see our relationship evolve.

Sometimes I think she fancies me too and is wondering why I'm not picking up on the signals she's projecting and asking her out. But, I've thought that way before with other women and have gotten burned; not by all of them; just the ones I worked up the nerve to ask out. I won't use the past as a deterrent so much as a reminder that, though it's served me well, my gut isn't always dead on.
--
I finished Streets of Laredo last night and felt lonesome afterward not only because it wasn't a cheery affair, but because I missed it.. On par with Lonesome Dove, for sure. I'm looking forward to Dead Man's Walk and Comanche Moon, the two remaining books in the tetralogy. Until I do, there is still Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian to contend with.
--
Spira and went for a run after work. The weather, nice and cool without being oppressive, was ideal. I wanted to go at least four miles, but we managed only three. Spira is pushing herself more and I'm really proud of her. We went from her apartment down to Davis Sq., got on the bike path that connected to Mass Ave, and once there, we turned around and went back to her place. A good run.
--
Craig and I played some more Star Wars tonight on Playstation. It's an addictive and pleasurable game. One of my favorites.
--
Ok, I'm done with you. As you were.

No comments: