Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Now I'm staying there for just a while, I can't think because I'm just way too tired

I mentally document "firsts" with Ann. It's like a little buzzer goes off in my brain when it occurs. Like, the first time she initiated a conversation, I said to myself "Hey, whaddya know, Ann approached me first". And the first time she laughed at one of my jokes, I said to myself "Hey, whaddya know, Ann thinks I'm a funny guy. A damn funny guy." Part of the reason I do this is because my job, for all its positives, isn't exactly a carousel of stimulation, and, in order to stay conscious throughout the day, I've got to give my brain something to do. But, the truth is I say that mostly to dampen the simple fact that I like Ann quite a bit and am acting like any fourteen year old with a crush. Do we ever stop getting them? Only if we've soured to life, I say. Anyway, today Ann offered to make me a puffy skirt (don't ask) and that was the first time she ever offered to make me anything. And that felt good.

Man, that was a difficult paragraph to write. I get squirmy sometimes opening up in that way. Oh, well, I did it, so let's move on. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Two words: Snow and I'm-very-fucking-unhappy-with-everything-about-it. Yes, I heard the forecast for Friday and I'll deal with because I have a pure heart, but I predict I'll be wearing a frown for at least part of the day. Don't fret, I'll be fine for our date.

Too late to issue more awards, so next time around. Peace, lovers.

No comments: