Monday, December 8, 2008

You pass me by and won't come in

The only thing I've found myself able to listen to at night, apart from Rich and Craig's gentle cooing, is Isobel Campbell's Milkwhite Sheets. It's one of the prettiest albums I've heard in a long time, and it's soft textures keep the thoughts in line and the demons at bay.

I'm taking a break from watching Chef Gordon Ramsey perform restaurant make-overs on his show Kitchen Nightmares. I've been watching online and I've seen about twelve episodes in the last forty eight hours. I effing love this show! Maybe it's because I've served my time working in restaurants, but I'm fascinated by it. The memories it conjures recall some dreadful, dreadful times. My last (and final, you can rest assured) job at a restaurant was the worst. Instead of working in the kitchen like I had at previous jobs, I was a server at this one. They threw me into the fire almost immediately, despite my inexperience. We're talking right around Christmas --- insanity! Anyhow, I still have nightmares of being in the weeds on a busy Saturday night. I must get a bit of an adrenalin rush watching Kitchen Nightmares, like fans of horror movies get. Well, whatever it is, this show is my new bff, until you start treating me better.

It seems Ann is warming up to me even more. Ive noticed this development last week. Pretty soon we'll be making out in the utility closet. Seriously, though, I'm glad I'm getting to know her better. I'm discovering how funny she is and I love watching her interact with Ellen and Therese; it's a comedic treat, I tell ya. She's no Sinbad -- not yet -- but she'll put a smile on your face.

Get ready for my annual awards post. Oh, you're gonna love 'em! So stay tuned, bitches, because you're in for a treat and who knows, maybe you might even win one!

Ok, I'm off to the bathroom to palaver with the toilet.

No comments: