Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm looking at me, you're looking at you, we're looking in at each other, and we don't know what to do

Rich ran away and hid from me again this morning. The set up was the same as usual: I made my way to the kitchen after coming down the stairs and saw the back of Rich practically dive into his room. This time I quickened my pace and almost came within a couple of feet of him before his door closed hard in my face.

I saw that he left behind a glass of Pepsi. I shook my head and smiled. He's not always this skittish, which leads me to believe he's a binge scaredy-cat, if there is such a thing. After the incident, I thought of Native American names for him, like He Who Rides The Backs Of Shadows or House Phantom. One of these days, if I'm feeling mischievous, I might just follow him right into his room and yell "Gotcha, son!" That will teach him.
--
It was a low-key weekend. I went for a run with Spira yesterday, but she was feeling mopey and her knee was starting to act up, so it was abbreviated. We managed close to two and a half miles. I drove home and decided I wanted to run some more, so I decided to travel my old route, which I gave up last spring.

I was curious to know the distance of the route, as I never carried a pedometer with me when I used to run it. Turns out it was about 1.4 miles. I ran the whole distance at a pretty strong clip. I used to get winded on that route and would walk portions of it. It was beneficial seeing how much progress I've made over the last several months. I had just run over two miles and I tackled this jaunt like it was nothing. I like progress; I'm a big fan.

Spira and I watched a shitload of The Office last night. I had originally suggested driving over to Lexington and catching a showing of Happy Go Lucky at the local theater. Spira vetoed the idea, so we ended up just hanging at her place.

Today, I don't plan on doing much of anything. I already went out to the grocery store and will probably do a little laundry later on, but other than that it's lazy town for me. I will put a significant dent into The Streets of Laredo, which has been a great read, and will consider watching Owning Mahoney.

I finished another book yesterday: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter, by Nick Redfern. A decent read, though not much meat to it. He spent as much time bragging about how much he drinks and how hot his wife is as he did discussing his Fortean pursuits. So one more book down, dozens more to go. I'll get there.

No comments: