Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All of a sudden these days, happy throngs, take this joy wherever, wherever

Every Celtics game so far this season has had the atmosphere of a playoff game. Teams are gunning to take down the reigning champs but, so far, only Indiana has been able to do so. Tonight, the champs played the Hawks -- a young, competitive, team that had not lost a game all season. The Truth's game winning shot with only a half second left to play, ended, in dramatic fashion their winning streak.
--
I have minimal energy tonight. I went for a run earlier that left my body feeling taxed. All I feel like doing right now is getting under the covers and reading from Lonesome Dove. Last night, I finished Fatal Vision, a well-written account of the Macdonald murder case that encompassed two decades. Slowly, slowly, I am whittling away at the pile of books I need to finish.
--

Ann was talkative with me today. That is because yesterday I wrote that she has been shy around me . The Universe likes to keep me on my toes.
--

This morning, after Dianne had used the scanner, a device that eats paper like Jared eats Subway, I said "Wow, Dianne that was a smooth scan you had!" Her eyes widened and she smiled.

"What?"

Judging by her mildly shocked reaction, I realized that she thought I had said something different. "I was just commenting on the fact that your scan went smoothly. It didn't devour your paper."

"Oh, uh, yeah, you're right", she replied.

From the other room, Marcy said "I thought you said what smooth skin she had. I thought ' Ok, that's a little inappropriate.'

Everyone had a laugh about it, but inside I kind of wish I did tell Dianne she had smooth skin, because she does and probably would have enjoyed being told that. Maybe next time.

No comments: