Thursday, February 28, 2008

Here I go and I don't know why I spin so ceaselessly

I'm listening to Patti Smith and I'm not sure if I want to strangle her or cradle her in my arms lovingly, like with---you guessed it--a baby. I have to admit, I'm angling towards strangling her. I'm not in the mood for her bullshit right now, so I'll listen to some Nick Lowe instead. Nope, it'll be the Stones Sticky Fingers before that'll happen. Mmmm, that's better.

Near the end of the day at work today, I tested my typing skills. I averaged about forty words a minute. I think, if I'm not mistaken, that's pretty good. Yeah, it is good, isn't it? I am a good typer. Let me say it aloud. Wow, saying it aloud is empowering. That's some Tony Robbins shit right there. Soon enough, I'll report back to you that I'm typing sixty words a minute and you'll get all teary-eyed in admiration. Stay tuned. (I just typed this paragraph in twenty five seconds. Ah, you don't believe me).
--

Earlier, I was reading about the Dyatlov Pass Accident. If you've never heard about this bizarre mystery, you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_Accident. I challenge you, after studying the details of the case, to come up with a logical explanation of what happened. If you arrive at a conclusion that doesn't involve the paranormal, I want you to email immediately with it. My email is: dukefame1@yahoo.com (that's the second time I've posted my email in a week. I never do that. What does that mean? Hmmm....)
--

The Celtics just signed PJ Brown and it looks nearly certain they'll sign Sam Cassell off waivers. I'm almost as giddy over this as I was as a kid when a new Star Wars movie was released. If you're not a Celtics fan, this news means absolutely nothing to you, and you've probably moved on to the next paragraph already. Actually, I think I'll join you.
--
I was walking on the bike path last night, gearing up for a run up the hill portion of Cedar st., and saw a woman coming my way who looked like Amanda. As she passed by, I thought it might have been her, but if it was, why didn't she stop in recognition? Maybe for the same reason I didn't. As I ran up the hill a minute later, I couldn't get the thought out of my head that it was Amanda that I saw. If it was, I had just been a rude son of a bitch. After giving it some more thought, I decided that it wasn't her, that it was just someone who looked liker her. That still didn't stop me from speeding up my run so that I might catch up to her on my way back and get a second look. Alas, I never did catch up to her. I'll have to remember to ask Amanda about this the next time we talk.
--
Ever read something like this in a magazine or newspaper:

When asked what it was like working with Hillary Duff, the star of Malcolm in the Middle put it this way: "It was really cool filming this [movie] with Hillary. [She's] so cool. Someday I'd like to have [sex] with her. That would be, like, so [cool]!"

Ok, I'm probably an idiot, but whenever I see words inserted in a quote, like the one above, I wonder what that's supposed to mean. Did Frankie Muniz, in his statement about Hillary Duff, not say the words in parenthesis? If not, was he speaking in incomplete sentences, using different words that the editor took umbrage with, or did he mumble so badly that certain words had to be guessed at, hence the parenthesis? I just don't know. You may as well solve this mystery for me, too, when you email me with your explanation about the Dyatlov Pass Accident. Thanks for helping a brother out.

No comments: