Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cassius Clay was hated more than Sonny Liston, some like KK Downing more than Glen Tipton

Timing is everything. Sometimes it works in your favor, other times not so much. It would be safe to say that in light of my current predicament, the latter half of the previous sentence is where I'm at. You see, it's a bit after ten a.m. and I really, really, need to use the bathroom. Earlier, when I got up from my chair to make my way to it, Kreg's door opened and he beat me there. Knowing that he's probably doing the ol' shit, shave, shower bit, I'm in for a wait. It's ok, I can hold it, and he has told me in the past that if a situation such as this one should ever arise, to let him know and he'll pause his bathroom activities for a spell while I do my business. So why don't I just go knock on the door, then, if I have to go so bad? Well, I don't want to disturb his process and more importantly, a real man should be able to hold it in. At least that's what my father used to scream at me when I was a tike. He'd get so loud, my eardrums felt like they were going to explode. Anyway, I think Kreg's out of the bathroom, so I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere.
--
Had a nice get together at the house last night. Janelle came down from NH with Zico, her doggie du jour, and the rest of us---Luke warm, Spira with beau in tow, Pat and Allie, Kreg, and myself---were locals. Some of us had gone to Yoshi's for dinner earlier in the night and feasted on sushi. Spira had been promoting their Black Dragon sushi with the fervor of Don King and I was afraid that no matter how good it turned out to be, it wouldn't live up to the hype. Not only did it live up to the hype, it surpassed it. Absolutely amazing, it was. We all loved it. It was comprised of avocado, eel, black roe, and other stuff I'm not sure of. I'll hope they keep it on the menu, because I'm going to be looking for it again.

After dinner, we walked back to the apartment and drank some delicious sangria that Janelle made and had ourselves a little party. I, for one, enjoyed myself thoroughly. I spilled sangria all over myself after teasing Spira about being drunk. Turned out I was in the same boat as she was.

It was great having a dog around. I played with Zico whenever I could and fell in love with his growl. It was very robust. Wish I had a growl like that.

Whenever Pat and I get together, we riff on music. We have similar tastes and it's nice having someone to talk to about The Pentangle or Wire. Last year he played me some out of print Dennis Wilson records and I was so thrilled I came close to giving him a hickey.
--

I have the next couple of days off from work and I'm going to enjoy them as much as possible. The NBA allstar game is on today and I'm going to try and watch it, seeing as how Doc Rivers is coaching the East and Ray Allen, KG (even though he's injured), and Paul Pierce will be on hand. Got to support the team (that's a Seinfeld reference, by the way. Figure out who said it and when, and I'll give you a hickey).

No comments: