Monday, February 18, 2008

She's always out making pictures, she's always out making scenes, she's always out the window, when it comes to making dreams

For the past two days, I've been nursing a mild headache. I never get headaches and I'm appalled at the situation. Ah, you don't care, do you? As it happens, I don't really care that much myself; I was just looking for a little sympathy. Headache aside, my spirits are fairly high and I'm not even dreading returning to work tomorrow, though another day off would have been ideal.

I ended up going back to Yoshi's for takeout last night. Yes, it was the Black Dragon sushi that I went back for. Quite possibly it's the best sushi I've ever had. I gave some serious debate today over whether I should go there for lunch, but I opted not to go. I'm willing to hurl myself into addiction, but this would have been too much, too soon. When I was there last night, the guy who had waited on us Saturday night processed my order. He gave me a grin as I was leaving, as if to say, "I knew I'd see you again the minute you ordered the Black Dragon last night. No one escapes its clutches." To be sure, you'll be hearing more about me "chasing the dragon" in upcoming posts. I'm hooked.
--

I talked to my sister this morning and she told me that when she had talked to my father a couple of weeks ago, around the time my grandmother had been admitted to the hospital, he told her I hadn't shown much interest in her welfare. This was in response to my sister's question about whether he told me she was in the hospital . He said he'd wait for me to call him if I wanted information. Well, he eventually called me, but not until my grandmother had been in the hospital for a few days. I'm going to have to address this matter with him because I don't think it was fair to me. Granted, at the time, I hadn't been calling my grandmother once a week and visiting her frequently, but damn it, if she's sick I need to know about it, whether it appears I've been showing interest or not.
--

Been watching episodes of Man vs. Wild online and I'm pretty sure if stranded out in the wilderness, I'd last seventeen hours, tops. Depending on the weather, of course. If it was real cold, I'd give myself twelve hours. If there were Grizzly Bears around, I'd last about an hour. I don't know how I came up with these calculations, but they feel right, so I'm going to stick with them. Of course, if I keep watching this show, my odds of surviving will increase substantially. But Celebrity Rehab beckons, and it needs my attention, so it doesn't look like I'll be a survivalist anytime soon.

1 comment:

bk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.