Tuesday, February 12, 2008

She's the kind of girl you want so much, it makes you sorry

I should be taking a shower right now, but instead I'm sitting here typing away. I don't know why; just following the muse, I guess. And why is that I should be taking a shower in the first place? Well, I'm a little filthy from work and sweaty from the run I went on after dinner and a shower, the taking of one, is firmly in the terrain of necessity, meaning if I don't I will have become someone I wasn't planning on becoming for another twenty years, namely the guy who just doesn't care anymore about hygiene. The mere fact that the skipping of one shower would place me in that category should tell you something about how low I've fallen. (Ladies, be advised: I'm really well groomed and take pride in my appearance. All that stuff above is fiction. Fiction, I tell you.)
--

We have a rodent problem at work and the exterminators came by today to lay some traps. As they went about their work, they gave me an tutorial on rodent prevention. Did you know that rats can flatten themselves down to a half inch? Or that mice can flatten themselves down to a quarter inch? They sure can, and as one of the guys was telling me all this, he suddenly jumped back a step and exclaimed, " I just saw one run under the shelf". He acted as if he'd never seen a rat before, which I found to be a bit odd, considering his line of work. He called out to his partner, who was a about ten feet away and said, "Hey, I just saw a rat! Can you believe it?" He then turned to me and said,"You'd think we'd be all macho and not put off by these things, but man, we sure can be. Whoo, seeing that put a jolt right through me." It sounds made up, the story I'm relating, but it's not. What it was, was funny. At least to me; you probably thought it was lame. But you don't have a sense of humor, do you?
--

Foley and I were going to take Luke Warm out to dinner for his birthday tonight, but as Foley would have been coming down from New Hampshire, and a heap of snow was on the itinerary for this evening, more so up in his parts, we decided to reschedule, which in the end, was fine with me, because I'm pretty sleepy.

Speaking of showers, I ought to go take one. Yes, it's past time for me to undress and stand under the hot water, and lather myself up with soap. And of course, I'd rinse off. Can't forget about that.

No comments: