Thursday, February 14, 2008

And the neon mercury vapor stained Miami sky, it's red as meat

I went to the grocery store after work today and I spent an angry ten minutes trying to find parking. I encountered several obtuse sons of bitches doing the same and it was a good thing I found a spot when I did , because I was about ready to, as Hannah Montana would say, go mother fucking ape shit. I wondered why it was so insanely busy until I walked into the store. Last minute Valentine's day shoppers were scurrying about like cockroaches. Wonderful.

Not that I'm a Valentine's day Scrooge---well, maybe I am---it's just that the timing wasn't ideal for me to do a week's worth of shopping. And seeing everyone buying flowers and chocolates for their mates didn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy, nor did it make me want to take a blade to my wrists. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though I don't put much emphasis on Valentine's day, particularly because I'm single, I still envy those in the position to celebrate it. That being said, I did get to talk to my mom, whom I love, tonight, and that suffices plenty.

My grandmother is in the hospital again, again as a result of the severe pain her back is giving her. They discovered another fracture in her pelvis. Her bones are so brittle, a sneeze could have caused the injury. Hopefully, she'll be able to return home in a day or two.
--

I'm tired and want to do some reading before I drift off. First, though, Joni Mitchell's Don Juan's Reckless Daughter, her best in my opinion, needs some serious attention payed to it.

No comments: