Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The first phase of the third day

The Celtics are playing Detroit tonight and will lose, making it their 14th loss in a row. They will lose because A) they really, really stink and couldn't beat a team of sixth graders even if they were spotted twenty points and B) The Pistons are not a bunch of sixth graders, they are one of the elite teams in the NBA and will handily defeat the lowly Celtics. Fortunately, the upcoming draft is going to be rich with talent--some real throughbreds-- and if the Celtics are gifted with a high pick, which they most certainly will be, they will soon be climbing out of the pit of mediocrity. So, I pray to the NBA gods that Greg Oden or Kevin Durant will be wearing a green jersey next year, and that Gerald Green, Rajon Rondo, and Big Al Jefferson will live up to their potential. Viva next year!

I am so broke. I hope I get that job I interviewed for yesterday, because it's coming down to the wire as far as my finances go. After giving it some thought, I've decided to teach guitar. I've never been against the idea, nor have I been excited by it, but if I can make some extra money doing it, then why not? I think I'll teach beginners because it's more enjoyable for me to see someone learn from scratch than to teach some jaded kid who's been playing for a couple of years Godsmack tunes. I need to formulate a plan and proceed with it. I'll keep you posted.

I planned on taking a day off from yoga today, but I couldn't help myself. I began with the intention of only doing a few stretches, but one thing led to another and before I knew it, a half hour had gone by. My goal is to do it every morning before work (when I get a job, that is) so that my day will start off in a clear and balanced way. That's the plan, anyway. We'll see how I feel if I have to do it at six in the morning.

I'm going to call Luke Warm and see if he's watching the game. If not, I'm going to watch Night of the Hunter.

No comments: