Monday, February 26, 2007

Free your mind and your ass will follow

The Celtics are playing the Rockets tonight and the amount I watch will be determined by the way in which they lose. If they make it a game and only lose by a few points, I'll stick around, but if they find themselves in the jaws of a blow out, like the last couple of games, I'm out of there. No matter what, though, they're going to lose. Such is the nature of their season.

I woke up on the floor last night in a position that had me knotted up with all my weight on my injured soldier. Is my subconscious bent on keeping me down, I wonder. I don't know, but surprisingly, my shoulder feels like it's healing. Not as a result of my sleeping position, but despite it. I think I'm over the hump and will be fully healed in a matter of days.

Soon, I'm going to sit down and brainstorm some ideas of where I'd like my life to be headed. Setting goals is not something I've been much involved with over the years--- probably because I was never predisposed towards it . Like anything else, goal setting is a muscle that needs to be exercised regularly in order for it to be of any use. Ah, but consistency is a bitch and difficult to manage. I have my work cut out for me.

Pretty soon, Bob TV and I are going to have to go roommate shopping. It looks like Spira will be gone in a month or so. It's not a surprise to me at all: she was bouncing around the idea of moving even when I moved in. I figured we'd be roommates for a year, tops. Anything after that would have been gravy. If I can help it, I'm going to stay here a bit longer than a year. Though I've grown used to moving a lot over the last six years, I'd prefer remaining in place for a while.

I'm going to start a list of all the things I'd like to appear in my life and then work to achieve them. At this point in my life, I can't continue with an outlook of scarcity. I need to rewire my thinking and look toward abundance and prosperity. Free your mind and your ass will follow.

No comments: