Sunday, February 25, 2007

When the whistle blows

A quiet and enjoyable weekend. I woke up yesterday at 11;50, even though I didn't go to bed that late the night before. The reason for my lengthy bout of sleep: dreams. I won't go much into the telling, but in brief the dreams were sexual---some fine ladies couldn't keep their hands away from me--- and the final one had me sparring with Yoda and defeating him. I was disappointed when he questioned my clear victory, especially since it took every ounce of my will, but at the edge of my mind I figured I was facing the business end of one of his lessons. It wasn't until another student of his made a comment that I was the victor, that Yoda relented and admitted defeat. When that happened, I gave up the notion that he was teaching me a lesson: he was just being a poor sport.

In the afternoon, Spira and I went grocery shopping at the Foodmaster and then headed over to Mckinnon's market for some meat. I bought some chicken thighs and will marinate them tomorrow in something; I haven't decided what yet, but it will be tasty. In the checkout line, I spotted the erotic cashier. She's an older woman, probably in her fifties, and latino. Every time I see her, she makes eye contact with me and holds it while breaking into a secret smile. I'm not terribly attracted to her looks-wise, but her overt sexuality hangs thick in the air, and it weakens me. Maybe she's like that from being around meat all day.

When we got back to the house, I called Luke Warm and invited him over for dinner. He accepted and before he arrived, Spira and I made some garlic and cheddar mashed potatoes, seared some spinach, and breaded some chicken. It was a great meal, and when we finished we played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. Luke Warm and Spira proved to be good competition, but in the end they couldn't match my strength in the force. I disposed of them like Yoda disposed of the two Imperial Guards in Revenge of the Sith: quickly and efficiently .

We also watched an episode of Extras, and I laughed from the beginning straight through to the end. Ian Mckellan made a guest appearance, and his first scene with Ricky Gervais is one of the funniest things I've seen in the last six years. It was so funny I did an honest-to-God spit take at one point. Those don't come around that often, the pure ones, but when they do they signal something special is going on.

This morning I did some yoga, ate a bagel, had some juice, drank some coffee, meditated for a half hour, did some laundry, and irrigated my nasal passages. All this before noon. Ah, but you're not impressed, I can tell. Well, that's all I've got left for you, so it'll have to do. And with that, I'm on to other things.

No comments: