Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Tale of the Fallen

I started writing my most personal and shocking entry yet, with plenty of name-dropping, when I was struck with the strong urge to go to the White Hen and grab Twix bar. And that's what I did. I am back, but have abandoned my previous post due to recent events, which will be recounted shortly. It's a shame, really, that I won't be delving into that juicy bit of writing I had begun, considering it took me about eight months to summon the nerve to do it. Well, the moment has passed, but I'm confident it won't take me as long when I decide to have a go at it again. I figure I'll be ready in about seven months. Consider it something to look forward to. Anyway, you'll forget all about that post once you read its replacement. Yes, folks, it's that good. So, without further ado....

I was having a pleasant walk to the Hen---I stopped to pet a couple of cats, I was listening to "The River Man", it wasn't too cold, and the moon was out--- when I slipped on some ice and crashed down on my shoulder. My hands were in my pockets when I fell, and thus were incapable of buffering my fall. Of all the places to land: my injured shoulder. I hit the ground so hard that not only did I fear my injury would be aggravated substantially, but that my shoulder was broken. I got up gingerly and discovered that despite a little ache, I escaped no worse for wear. In fact, by the time I arrived at the Hen, I felt pretty much the same as I did prior to the fall. And as I write this, I'm fine. Maybe it's the yoga. I'll have to look into it.

So there's your replacement post. I'm so impressed with it, I'm thinking about adapting it into a screenplay. You had the same idea, didn't you? Of course you did.

Bob TV and I had a chance to talk tonight about Spira's imminent departure and how it will affect things around here. I assured him I had no intention of leaving if I could help it, which gave him some relief. He had been suffering some anxiety over all of this ever since he had his blow-out with Spira. He wasn't sure what my plans were, whether I was going to stay or go with her, and feared he was going to have move as well. I probably should have spoken to him earlier but I kept putting it off. Now all we have to do is get a roommate, which should be easy enough , considering our rent is reasonable and our location desirable.

After our talk, we watched the season two finale of Extras. I read somewhere that there won't be a season three, that Ricky Gervais has moved on to other projects. I hope it's not true, because the show is so much funnier than all the other sterile sitcoms that have dominion over the airwaves. Let me see: twenty or so seasons of Everybody Loves Raymond and two seasons of Extras. It must be the end times.

1 comment:

Sun Wu Kung said...

I haven't seen Extras, but I'm glad he ended the Office the way he did, after two seasons and a special, making it one of the most perfect shows in tv history.

Plus, that makes buying the whole thing on dvd less expensive.