Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy days revisited

My last post was written in the grip of despair, and doesn't reflect my overall state of mind. If I was remiss in stressing that point, I hope this entry will do the trick. I'm in a better state of mind now. As is evident in the last post, I can succumb to moments of bleakness. I'm not always like that---hardly ever, thank God---and I have an abiding strength that allows me to recover, to climb out of that hole I was in, and move on. I'm relating this not only to assure those of you who read the post that I'm ok, but to assure myself as well. Though it would spare me some embarrassment by doing so, I've elected not to delete the post. I'm not ashamed of what I said---I was acting in accordance with what I am: a human being with a welter of emotions. I am not a reptile. I am alive, damnit, and though I wish it was all massages and beaches, life is about the bitter as well as the sweet.

No comments: