Thursday, February 15, 2007

Winter is the lash of a whip

Yesterday, my household was full, as Bob TV was on vacation, school was canceled for Spira, and me, well you know why I'm home. Bob TV called us out of our rooms at one point and asked us if we'd like to partake in a "nooner" with our neighbor (I'll let you figure out what a nooner is). We obliged, and after some conversation about sleep deprivation and Sin City, a movie everyone seems to adore, save me, we all went on our merry ways.

I had a good session of yoga in the afternoon. If it wasn't for that and meditation, I'd probably be a wreck. Every bit of peace and balance I can get makes a difference. I've been reading selections from Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda for further positive reinforcement. He talks a lot about Kriya Yoga, the method of divine contact through meditation, and I'd love to learn it someday, though I think the only way will be through taking a class, or by meeting a guru somewhere who's willing to impart his knowledge on the matter to me. You're right, I'll probably have to take a class.

After dinner, Spira went out to clear the snow off her car and do some shoveling. I joined her when it became apparent how daunting the task was proving to be for her, given the fact that each shovelful of snow weighed eighty lbs from the rain, and everything else was solid ice. It took some time but we did it. When I went to clear off my car today, I was dismayed to find that I was snowed, or rather, iced, in on the street. And when I discovered that all the rain had formed a pond around my car and then froze solid, I almost cried but was afraid my tears would turn to ice. My tires were half deep in ice. I spent over an hour chipping away at it, with minimal results. I have a job interview tomorrow morning and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get out. My only hope is that it warms up enough to melt the ice. We've barely gotten any snow this winter and I still loathe every second of the season. I wonder why.

Luke Warm came by last night to watch the Celtics end their eighteen game losing streak against the Bucks. It was about time. Good to see the guys in green with smiles on their faces after a game.

I finally shaved my head today. Not too short; I have about an inch in length (only on my head, though). I used my beard trimmer for the job, and it took me well over an hour to accomplish the task. My hair had gotten so long that the trimmer wasn't catching it cleanly. Spira was disappointed I cut off the hair, but I need every advantage I can get going on interviews. I'll probably grow it back, but for now it's the short route.

No comments: