Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The third phase of the fourth day, volume one

I have the Celtics game on in the background as I write this. They're playing the Heat, the reigning champs, and unless a miracle occurs, they will lose. Again. However, it's the third quarter and we're only down a few points. These guys are scrappers, but they lack experience. My friend Chris left me a voice mail today, telling me he had an extra ticket for tonight's game. Somehow, I didn't get the message until a few hours later, and when I got a hold of him, he had already given the ticket to his father. That's ok, because like I said, they're going to lose.

I haven't heard back from place I interviewed at the other day, and I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what's up. Strangely, I feel weird about calling, even though I know it's better if I d. If I get the job, I'll be making a good amount more than I did at my last job. O' God of Employment, hear my prayer:If you grant me this job, I'll be forever in your debt, as I currently am with the Credit card God, the Car insurance God, and the IRS God. Amen!

My shoulder has been bothering me for over a month now. I think I pulled a muscle at the gym and it has yet to fully heal. I'm hoping the yoga will help. Ah, you don't care. Let's move on.

I just watched a documentary called Spin on Google Video. It was about the, well, "spin" the media and politicians put on the '92 presidential campaign. The footage was comprised entirely of satellite feed from various networks that the maker of the film had compiled from old tapes. Because he had a satellite dish, he was able to witness what went on during the commercials of live broadcasts. So, what you have in this documentary are candid moments from the likes of Bill Clinton, George H. Bush, Larry King, and Al Gore. You see the candidates get coached on how to deflect questions about abortion and AIDS; you see Pat Robertson refer to callers as Homo's on the Larry King show; you witness Larry King kiss up to Bush, Clinton, and Perot, during separate interviews. And one comment in particular King made to Clinton I found to be strange. He told him he should talk to Ted Turner because he would "serve him". It sounded like a master/servant set up. They're all draconian bloodsuckers, but we love them for it. Anyway, check it out if you have access to Google, which you know damn well you do. Not that you need to be reminded of how evil politicians and their talking head subjects at the newsdesk are.

The Celtics lost their 16th in a row while I was writing this. At least they're consistent.

No comments: