Sunday, June 1, 2008

I was under the calvary cross

Kind of tired right now, even though it's early afternoon. I didn't sleep very well last night. I had a weird bout of Restless Leg Syndrome (Heard of it before? It's a real thing, as weird as it sounds) that hit me around dawn and it was nigh impossible falling asleep for an extended period of time. It was also really warm in Mara's bed, which, for me, isn't conducive to sleeping comfortably. All of that notwithstanding, after talking for about a half hour about a wide variety of engrossing and highbrow topics, we fell asleep for a few more hours. Then we had French toast and fruit. So, yes, I'm kind of tired and I see a nap in my near to immediate future.
--

Played up in Portsmouth at the Blue Mermaid last night. Shane was kind enough to invite me up---his band, NSI, was filling in for another band that canceled at the last minute---and I'm glad I accepted, if only because I got to see a bunch of friends I don't always get to see.

Spira, Mara, Kreg, and I drove up together and, for whatever reason, Spira spent much of the ride being critical of me. I tried to hold my tongue because a) I needed to focus on driving and b) I didn't want to be all heated before playing a set. For that reason alone, I quietly resented her for picking that particular time to subject me to a roast. In her defense, she was suffering through a headache and probably would have rather stayed in for the night. Still, though, what the fuck? Anyhow, things went well enough at the Mermaid and Spira was as supportive as she was able to be.
--
A check from Unemployment arrived yesterday, and when I saw it, I let out a sigh of relief. It was dubious there for a while whether I'd be eligible to collect. Every little bit helps.
--
I took Mara out to dinner Friday night for her birthday. We went to Dali, one of our favorite restaurants in the area. The food is so good! We ordered an assortment of Tapas and feasted like royalty. And it wasn't as pricey as I expected it would be. It was a good night.

Later, back at my house, I put the Celtics game on while lying in bed with Mara. She had just zonked out and slept through their victory. I was surprised she was able to , because I expressed my enthusiasm rather vocally. Celtics vs. Lakers, bitches! It's going to be a great finals. Can't wait.

Before my nap, I'm going to watch the rest of Beowulf. I watched about half of it the other day. What I saw impressed me more than I thought it would. Hope I can say the same about the rest.

No comments: