Friday, June 6, 2008

If I ventured in the slipstream, between the viaducts of your dream

Luke Warm and I took lunch took together at work today and because I wasn't terribly hungry, I ordered some onion rings. Biggest mistake I've made in the last eleven months. As far as onion rings go, they tasted alright, but I've been suffering in the bowels of my ship for the last several hours because of them. I've had the plaster-in-the-belly feeling and a case of the Mobil Jumps (After highschool, I worked at a restaurant with this crazy fuck chef I used to call The Trolley for some reason. He used to regale us tales of when he was a truck driver. He used to talk about the dreaded Mobil Jumps like war veterans talk about combat. He told us he used to get the shits a lot because of his crappy diet and he'd "jump" from Mobil gas station to Mobil gas station to lighten his load, as it were. Hence, the Mobil Jumps.)

So what did I think would happen as a result of huffing down a plate of greasy, crunchy onion rings? A feeling of wellness for the rest of the day? A burst of sustained energy? Certainly not either of those things, but I did conveniently forget that putting a bunch of deep-fried anything into your system is an act of disrespect to your body, mind, and spirit. Oh, well, what can I say? It sounded like a good idea at the time. Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I'll not be eating onion rings or anything that has been submerged in a fryolator.
--
Tonight, I'm going to spend some quality time with someone who I really get along with and respect: me. That's right, I'm going to read, watch a movie, work on songs---whatever I feel like doing. And I'm going to stay up late and wake up when I feel like tomorrow morning. I used to have more nights like this than I'd care to recount, but now they're in short supply. It's going to be fun, I tell you.
--

When I came home from work today, I saw a Whole Foods bag hanging from the knob of my back door. Upon closer inspection,I saw that it had my name on it. Suspecting a possible prank or worse, I opened the bag carefully and peered inside . The contents revealed a tuppeware container with banana bread in it. Nice! The other day, I had mentioned to Mara a craving for banana bread that I had. I told her it had been a long time since I had any and felt it was due time that I re-introduced the dessert to my gullet. So what did she do? Well, you know what she did, because you put two and two together, but in case you're not very bright, I'll spell it out for you: She baked me some banana bread and brought it over to my house while I was at work. My girlfriend is a sweet one, she is.
--
Here are two words for you that I should have began this post with: The Truth! Yes, Paul Pierce of the Celtics is The Truth and Shaq knew what he was talking about when he gave him that name. Unless you're a complete asshole loser, you watched the riveting Celtics game last night. The Truth was in fine form, coming back to the court and nailing threes like they were going out of style only ten minutes after suffering a knee injury and being carried off the court by his teammates. And KG brought the pain all night. It was a tight game and I suspect it's going to be a great series.

No comments: