Wednesday, June 4, 2008

She said leave it to me, everything will be all right

I emerged from the dentist with clean teeth and a lot of work that needs to be done. I won't go into what that entails, but suffice it to say I'll have to hire a cop to work detail, because there'll be some extensive road work going on. Actually, it won't be that bad, just mostly in the wallet. Ah, who needs money, anyway? I do, damnit! I do.

Just finished watching The General, one of Buster Keaton's bigger budget films, and it was quite impressive. I was going to watch another of his films, but I got a hankering to watch something with W.C. Fields. Last night, Mara and I watched Manhattan before bed and when Muriel Hemingway's character mentions watching a W.C. Fields movie, I thought, "Ah, yes, I see myself rocking the Fields in my immediate future." So, will I watch one tonight? Hell, no, I'm going to watch The Son, bitches. And forget tomorrow night----KG and company will be facing off against The Lakers.

Mara's going home to New York this weekend and tomorrow night will be the last time I'll get to see her before she leaves. I was thinking of ways to convince her to watch the game with me without seeming like a bad boyfriend, and resolved that I'd miss the game if need be. However, I'd make sure that it'd be the only game I'd miss. I mean, c'mon, it's the Celtics vs. the Lakers, for crissakes! Mara made it easy for me and suggested we make some dinner and watch the game together when she called earlier. A good plan, me thinks.

Ok, I'm done with you. Go watch JAG, or whatever it is you do when you're not completely engaged in my writing.

No comments: