Thursday, June 19, 2008

If drinking don't kill me, her memory will

I saw Bibi Anderson (see my post about the career workshop) at Shaws today. I got in line behind her at checkout and almost embarrassed myself the way I gawked at her when I realized who she was. Surely this, in the grand design, must have meaning, I thought. What was I meant to do, though? Strike up a conversation? "Hey, remember me from the workshop? Yeah, I was the guy blanketing you with stares for pretty much the entire time. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a cross between Helen Mirren and Bibi Anderson? Not fifty-fifty, though. I'd say thirty percent Helen Mirren and seventy percent Bibi Anderson. So, anyway, since I know you so well, want to start a life together?"

What actually happened was what you'd expect: nothing. She paid for her groceries and left. I noticed she was wearing the same black frilly dress. Why not? It looked good on her. I discovered, seeing her out in public, that she was a bit more ordinary looking than I originally thought. I guess context accounts for something. Still a looker, though.

I watched Super High Me with Craig and Rich last night. Doug Benson is a very funny man. He's a natural, effortless comic and watching him get high constantly for a month was hilarious. If you like to laugh, which I think at least a few of you do, I suggest you see this film. As far as I'm concerned, ninety percent of comedic entertainment is rubbish, so when I see catch something genuinely funny, like Super High Me, I hold on to it.

Ok, I need to start getting ready for this show on Monday. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope I can piece together a worthy set.

No comments: