Thursday, May 10, 2007

We had a pirate band, a tear for every grain of sand

I don't know why, but for a good portion of the afternoon, I was testy. If I had to guess, I'd have to say it had something to do with the mugginess. What I need to do, to help combat the moodiness, is start meditating again in earnest and pay more careful attention to my diet. My friend Mary just cut out sugars in her diet and is reporting positive benefits. Maybe I should check out if there's any room on her band wagon for me. I've got to do something, because I need to maintain, man.
---
Rich has developed an annoying routine in the morning that I may need to confront him about. Both Bob TV and Rich get up for work later than I do and, as a result, I get the bathroom to myself every morning between 6:30 and 7:30. I'm not using it the entire time--- I eat breakfast first and then I go in there to take care of business in a variety of ways. Both Bob TV and Rich know my routine and usually adhere to it---except lately.

At least twice this week, I've gone down to the bathroom and Rich is in there. Because I'm on a tight schedule, every minute counts, so having to wait for someone can cause me to be late for work. On both occasions, I didn't have to wait very long for him, but when I went in the bathroom after him the air was thick and brutal with the stench of his morning shit. I've seen what this guy eats and it's not pretty. As far as I can tell, he eats a lot of pizza (has already gotten more take out in a week than I have in the last year), steak and cheese subs, and his beverages of choice are these mean looking energy drinks, a massive amount of coffee, and diet coke. Not the way I'd like to start my morning off, inhaling this guy's fumes, but what am I going to do, tell him to hold it in until I'm gone? Actually, that's not so unreasonable. Maybe that's what I'll do. Or, if he doesn't cotton much to that idea, I'll sit down with him and work out a sensible diet with him, one that doesn't have the catastrophic consequences that his current one provides. Man, I've got to talk to a guy about his bowel movements. I sure didn't see this one coming.
---
For the past several years, I've conducted extensive research into the events of 9/11 and there's nothing at this point that will convince me that the attacks of that day weren't at the very least allowed to happen or worse, perpetrated by elements within our government and military. Because a thorough, non-partisan, impartial, and serious investigation has yet to happen, I can't say I know what really happened. I have my suspicions, and they lean heavily towards the attacks being the result of an inside job, but again, until a proper investigation takes place, I can't say for sure. I do know that facing the likelihood that our government was involved in some capacity with the attacks of that day is frightening because of what it portends, but I've made the decision to be more vocal about my stance because the issue is too important for it to remain suppressed. Anyway, I'll touch on the topic here and there in this blog, but for now I'd just like to wrap this up so I can take a cool, relaxing shower.

1 comment:

Sun Wu Kung said...

I've always said, you can't fault a man for taking a nice, healthy, stinky manshit.