Monday, May 28, 2007

A boring, general accounting

I've had a very relaxing day, and I think I needed it. I spent the early part of it cleaning my room while listening to the new Rufus and after that I put a good chunk into David Ray Griffin's The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions. I also spent a good amount of time fleshing out some songs that needed some work. It was a productive session and I played well.

For dinner I roasted some asparagus in olive oil and garlic and fried up some Biryani, my new favorite food, and added some chicken maple sausage to it. Perfecto! I watched an episode of Bill Maher's show while eating, and it was a good one. As guests, he had PJ O'rourke and Ben Affleck, and at different points in the broadcast, he interviewed Michael Moore and Ron Paul, the man who may just get me to vote Republican.

To work off the meal, I took a glorious walk down the bike path and into Davis Sq. The sun was blazing and the breeze was cool; perfect walking weather. And to make the walk even better, my mp3 player picked the most appropriate music to match the climate. Usually, when I set it on random, it's hit or miss, but tonight it was spot on. It began with a Bert Jansch song, the name of which I forget, and then onto "I"m So Green", from Can, a great walking song. Then another Bert Jansch song. After that was one of my favorite Amon Tobin songs. I don't know the name of that one either, but with it's Disney meets Arabian nights flavor, it put me into a nostalgic, dreamy state. Then the gorgeous "I Went to Sleep" by the Beach Boys. Ah, I wish more walks were like this one.

Tonight I plan on doing some more writing and practicing. I want to have a set ready soon so I can play out on short notice if I need to. It's been a while since I've played a show and I'm itching to get out there.

I've decided that HBO is the greatest station on TV. And I'm basing this on just their shows alone--- forget the movies. Here's a list of some of the high quality programming they broadcast.

1. The Wire

2. The Sopranos

3. Deadwood

4. Rome

5. Extras

6. Curb Your Enthusiasm

7. Carnival

8. Real Time With Bill Maher

9. Oz

10. Song of Ice and Fire.
(still in production, but based on my favorite books in the world. I CAN NOT WAIT for this show to come out.)

So there you have it. At least half of the shows I listed are some of the best I've ever seen. An impressive list.

No comments: