Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm a junkyard of false starts

I was going to begin this post lamenting my perpetual bachelorhood, but I thought better of it. Moaning and groaning about my situation won't improve it. You can't find a solution if you're fixed on the problem. That's my motto and I'm sticking to it. But, man, it can get rough sometimes.

Between episodes of the Wire, I've been practicing a lot. I've mentioned in a previous post that I'm gearing up to play some shows and do some recording. I hope, before midsummer hits, I'll be out performing, hopefully with Sean, and will have some new songs recorded. I don't think that's too much too expect. I've swept the one thing I excel at under the rug too much in my life. Time to change that.

I haven't spoken with Spira in a couple of weeks. I haven't called her and I wouldn't be surprised if she was playing the game that 90% of the people I know play called "I'm not going to call this person. Let's see how long it takes them to call me" I'm aware that I could be knee deep in this game, but I don't really care too much if I am---I've got enough on my plate to get all riled up about it. My sister just informed me that my parents played this game with me not too long ago, which inspired my grandmother to write me that guilt-filled letter pressuring me to call my parents more frequently. So this game is not beyond anyone's reach. Am I positive Spira is playing this game with me? I'm not, but I wouldn't rule it out. There could be plenty of other reasons why I haven't talked to her, none of which I need to go into here, but for now I'll just assume it's the phone game.

I'm listening to Bebel Gilberto's breathtaking rendition of "Samba e Amor", one of the prettiest songs you'll hear on God's green earth. I have renewed my crush on her. Ah, Bebel.

No comments: