Friday, May 18, 2007

Pretty Mary Kay

I'm so fucking cold and it's late May. The gloomy weather has definitely made staying in a cheery mood a daunting task. Today was nothing short of frustrating and draining at work. I avoided calamity and maintained my center, even though it had shrunk to the size of an atom. I'm out of work and I'm much better now. No more talk of work.

And no more talk of anything. I'm pretty beat and I need to decompress. I will some of "The Office" on dvd and then will do some songwriting. I'm trying to wrap up a few songs so I can record them and post them on Myspace. And I'm planning on booking a show or two at any club that will have me, so I'd like to have something current to play.

So here are the new cd's one should get if they want to be like me:

New Moon, by Elliot Smith

Release the Stars, by Rufus Wainwright

Volta, by Bjork

All three are fantastic, so do the right thing, no matter your taste, and purchase them. Or else.

3 comments:

Sun Wu Kung said...

You should play at Brew'd Awakening! It's a great space for musicians and I'll promise not to throw my undergarments at you.

Kevin said...

I'll consider it only if you throw your undergarments at me. Otherwise, no deal!

Kevin said...

Really, though, that's a good idea. I'm going to look into it.