Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dog tell the moon, dog tell the stars

I'm taking an extended break from restringing my nylon string guitar because the High E, the only string I have left to put on, keeps coming loose and falling off. When I worked at the music store, I strung guitars all the time, and didn't mind doing it as it helped pass the time. But, now, at home....I just want to play, man, and not hassle with what is at best a necessary evil. I'll keep myself occupied with other activities until I attempt to tackle that task again.
---

I just watched the Sopranos and can't believe there's only three episodes left before it bids adieu. What a fantastic season it's been! I sometimes forget how multi-layered the show is. It's the superficial and sensational aspects of the show that gets the most attention---every one loves a good whacking---but it's the subtler aspects of the show that reveal its complexity. And that is why twenty or fifty years from now it will still be relevant. I will miss the Soprano's.
---

After a week of hearing people bitch and bloviate, I'm ready for some quiet time. I will end this and watch the second half of the Jazz/Warriors game with a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, the best there is.. So far, this is the best series in the playoffs. Lots of heart, skill, and grace. I'm referring to the way in which I'll the ice cream, you should know, and not the playoffs. I just want to make that clear.

Ok, that's not a particularly quiet activity, but it will be nutrition for my overworked mind. When the game's over, I'll open a book and then I'll really have my quietude.

No comments: