Monday, May 7, 2007

Torn Curtain

I had a satisfying weekend. Kreg and Mike came to town Saturday night and we, along with Spira and Luke Warm, went to Christopher's in Porter Sq for dinner. Because it was Cinco de Mayo, or as I prefer to call it, another excuse to get drunk day, I suspected we'd have to wait a while, no matter where we went. My suspicions proved to be accurate, at least in the case of Redbones, the first place we attempted to eat at. A forty five minute wait. So we drove through Davis Sq., trying to find parking and think of another place to eat that everyone would find agreeable. Luke Warm was awarded epiphany of the night when he blurted out we should go to Christopher's, because it ended up being the wise choice.

We were seated immediately upon entering the establishment, and the food was excellent. And, please excuse the catering to my baser instincts, but there were some exquisite looking women working there, which made me feel all randy and such. I remained civil, though, and kept my focus on the goings on at my table. I still have a modicum of civility, despite what you may think. The food? I had a burger that I had made all especial, with swiss cheese (the best and brightest ), caramelized onions, and sauteed portabella mushrooms. Other than that, we had some tasty calamari and nachos. And alcohol. That's a general accounting; if you want more in the way of specifics, you'll have to email me privately.

Went up to Lowell yesterday to see Doug at Brewed Awakening, a cozy and hip little coffee house on Market St. Doug has a running exhibit of some of his photographs there, which, if you're in the area you should check out. Great stuff. Had some chai and some refreshing conversation. It's not often I get to see Doug, but when I do, I always come out of it feeling good and better informed. And we didn't even get to talk about the Yeti, a shared interest of ours. Next time.
---

I asked Spira last night via voicemail, if she'd record me performing some of my songs, so that I could make a music page on myspace and put some of it on there. I'm a fan of the idea. I have so many songs that are collecting dust and I would be doing them a disservice if I didn't at least try to share them with a few people. So, we'll see. If she chooses to be a jerk about and doesn't want any part of my plan, which I don't see happening, I'll find another way. I'm going to "get 'er done", as the most underrated and wonderful comic Larry the Cable guy is wont to say.

---

Because I was sick of women overlooking me in favor of better looking, more troublesome, drug-addled, and abusive men, I decided I'd better get on the ball and work at this thing in earnest. So, I took the first step on the road to couplehood. Please forward the link to any single women out there. I'm so utterly, utterly lonely.

http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/personals-1164133808-999863

No comments: