Monday, May 14, 2007

We are the Earth Intruders

Not much to report tonight. I've had a strange, but productive day off from work. Strange because I seemed to be caught in an undercurrent of poor decision making all day. At the bank, two tellers asked me if they could help me at the same time. The man I chose to handle my transaction turned out to be a rookie and kept screwing everything up. And then later, at the grocery store, I chose the slowest check out line. More happened afterward, but you get the idea.

My day was not spoiled, though. I caught up on some reading and writing and got to relax. I've been listening to Bjork's new album, Volta, and so far, it's fantastic. Rufus Wainwright, perhaps my favorite song writer, has a new album coming out tomorrow, and I will hurry over to Newbury Comics after work and buy it. I've been looking forward to this release for a long time. And there's a posthumous Elliot Smith release called New Moon, that's also out. I'm excited to hear it because it's unreleased material from the late nineties, his best period, and from what I hear it's really good. And there's a new Andrew Bird album out I've got to check out. What a great time for music.

I'm off to try and put that string back on my guitar. I still can't get that damn thing to stay on. I may have to cut my losses and buy another string. I will not feel complete until I do.

3 comments:

Sun Wu Kung said...

I listened exclusively to Volta for a few days after it came out. I love it and think it's probably one of her strongest albums.

Sun Wu Kung said...

And oh yeah, I've got the Bird. I'll dupe it for you if you're planning on swinging through Chelmsford any time soon.

Kevin said...

So far, I'm loving the album. It's definitely more "up" than her last two. And thanks for the Bird offer. I've been reading the Ronson book and from page one it's been a trip.