Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm going to a town where they've already been let down

The Red Sox tickets I had given to Bob TV and Rich went to waste because the game was rained out last night. Consequently, I didn't have the house to myself and I had to slightly alter the dinner plans I had with Amanda. With the house at my disposal, I was looking forward to being able to prepare and eat dinner without getting in anyone's way, but, as it happened, the guys, who had gone to Fenway before the game was called, didn't return until after we had eaten. So, I guess I didn't alter my dinner plans, after all.

Our method of eating was interesting. Rather than preparing a meal and sitting down to eat, like most people, Amanda and I ate the majority of ours in the kitchen standing up. Before you accuse me of being a poor host, know that Amanda initiated this style of eating, and I went with it. Didn't bother me none.

We ate a hodgepodge of food from around the globe: shumai (japan), quinoa (S.America), curry cous-cous (India), apple-maple chicken sausage (Sausage land), and grilled asparagus (Somerville, Ma). It was yummy, let me assure you.

After dinner, we rocked out some karaoke. I had borrowed the karaoke machine we have at work, and we had a blast putting it to the test. We performed a duet of "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" and then banged out"Unforgettable",. What else? "The Gambler". That was a fun one. And "Last Train To Clarksville. Bob TV joined us on a few numbers and we shut it down at 11:30, so as not to anger the neighbors.

Amanda is one of my favorite people. Besides being one of the funniest people I know, she is also one of the most endearing. I was on the phone with her a couple of weeks ago and as she speaking she stopped mid-sentence and said "Oh, shit, I'm going to miss him!" I could hear her footsteps in the background---she was running--- and I asked her what was happening.I figured she was trying to catch a bus, until she informed me she had just chased down the ice cream man so she could get a cone. She had bolted out of her house and ran down the street after the ice cream man. That's Amanda, and that's why she's one of my fav's.

Now, I shall go and watch the season finale of "The Office", on of the funniest shows on television. Fare thee well, dear readers.

No comments: