Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm leaving you this lonesome song

I've been feeling restless and uncertain. Mostly uncertain. Almost every aspect of my life feels like it, at any moment, could fall apart. Surprisingly--or maybe not so surprisingly, given the general quality of these aspects--I'm not entirely against this happening. Given my track record of non-deliberate and sudden changes, I'd prefer, at this stage in the game, for the demolition of any part of my life to be orchestrated and put forth in a controlled manner by me. If the ground beneath my feet is going to give, I'd like to have a hand in it.


I guess, in my muddled way, I'm trying to say I'm not satisfied with the way things are. This is not news to any of my regular readers and it's not an epiphany as far as I'm concerned. I am in good spirits, though. Perhaps it doesn't seem so, judging by the above, but it's the truth. Just like the rest of you, I'm trying to fashion a good life for myself. No, make that an exceptional life for myself. Now I'm better than the rest of you. Nice!

I found out today that Spira and I share a primary care physician. How weird is that? Maybe not so weird, but out of the many doctors I could have chosen, I chose the one she goes to. This is a good thing. I will ask---no, demand---that this doctor hand over Spira's chart. I'm very curious to know every detail of her medical history. What are you hiding, Spira?
--
Coming home from work today, a woman walking by caught my attention, and when I returned my gaze to the road, I discovered the car in front of me had come to a stop and I was about to barrel into him. I slammed on the brakes and I was certain I was going to crash into him. Miraculously, my car stopped within inches of his rear bumper. I'm not sure he even noticed, but my heart was pounding in my chest. A narrow escape.
--

Had dinner at Spira's last night and afterward we watched Across the Universe. Spira's great to watch movies with because she's good for at least one cry during them. Well, maybe not comedies, but you get the idea. She had a good one last night, and I got a little misty, too, but don't tell anyone or I'll end you. Got me?

No comments: