Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And you won't make me jealous if I hear they sweetened your night

I just forgot how to climb stairs properly and nearly fell flat on my face. The only damage, besides that done to my pride, such as it is, was the glass of juice I was carrying emptying some of its contents on the stairs. Overall, in spite of the fact that I fell to begin with, I'm pretty impressed with the way I staved off a messier and painful outcome. That is not to say, however, that my disposition was a cheery one as I cleaned up. It was most assuredly not.

I had just come off the heels of a tasty and healthy dinner. I had improvised a rice dish that involved black beans, avocado, polenta, feta cheese, some carefully applied spices, and of course, rice, which was brown in case you're interested. Very tasty, it was, and I know what you're thinking: I should publish a cookbook of all my kick-ass recipes and make a shitload of money. Yeah, you're right, but I'd rather wallow in near poverty for a while longer. I'm told it's good for the soul.
--

Big game tonight. The Celtics are set to face their conference rival, The Detroit Pistons. Both teams match up quite nicely and I'm all giddy inside over watching it. But you're not, and I'm sorry it has to be this way. I suppose you could seek solace in that Bret Michaels show on VH1 you love so much. There's always that.
--

Leesa emailed me about setting up a show at the Abbey and I'm excited at the prospect. I'm gearing for a surge of gig booking that will rival the one our troops have set forth in Iraq. I've gone all winter not playing out and I'm ready for a change. With apologies to Pink, I'm coming up, so you better get the party started.
--

In the Valley of Elah was a solid movie. Tommy Lee Jones is one of the most effortless actors I've ever seen. It was an Oscar-worthy performance, to be sure. As good as the movie was, I think Zodiac eclipsed it. It's days later, and I'm still thinking about it. It was such a well-structured movie; I think I want to watch it again. Ah, but when? When, I ask you?
--
Hobbits at Harvard tomorrow night. There will be a lecture on Homo floresiensis, those pint-size skeletons they found on Flora. I'm going to try and go. (My italics function has run amok and I can't reset it to normal type. I've always had issues with it, but this is ridiculous. Fuck you, Blogger! I'm out of here.)

No comments: