Wednesday, July 4, 2007

She was the most beautiful cloud that ever passed before the face of a girl

After a couple of days off from work, my first day back was like being thrown into a cactus. There were points in the day that I'd like to forget, and forget them I will. Overall, though, it was a manageable experience, especially in light of the fact that I have today and tomorrow off.

Last night I went to the Abbey to see Foley and Chrissy play. They each played a short set and I was happy I got to see them. I'd always wanted to see Chrissy play, but she had retired from playing out around the time I met her. So this was a momentous occasion and she didn't disappoint. She's got a great voice and her songwriting is impressive. She performed a humorous cover of GnR's "Don't Cry", or whatever it's called. We plan on working together sometime soon. I look forward to it.

After the show, a bunch of us went over to Christopher's and had some food and drink. I talked with Bridgette about how she's able to sleep entire days away. For some reason I'm fascinated by people's sleeping habits, so this was music to my ears. I think we filled at least twenty minutes discussing it. Kreg, she may have you beat.

At one point, after a couple of Blue Moons, I went to the bathroom for a piss and read some of the messages written on the wall. One said "Christopher's is Fag World". Perhaps it is, I mused, and perhaps the author of the message wasn't being homophobic when he wrote it, as I first assumed. Maybe he himself was gay and was just letting his brethren know that Christopher's is bursting at the seams with gays. If this is the case, then the man should be commended. I bet with that one message, he's helped countless homosexuals find partners, both short and long term. Imagine the dejected guy, out on the town with his friends, searching in vain for a little man love, going to bathroom at Christopher's and reading that message. And imagine his victory walk back to his friends hanging out at the bar."Guys, I think we've struck gold!", he'd say . So, to those of you looking for a little sodomy, remember that Christopher's is Fag World.

Foley and Tamsyn had bought me a couple of books about the stranger side of New England as a gift for participating in their wedding last summer and I carried them around with me all night. The odds of me leaving them behind were high, but thanks to Pete, who handed them to me as we were leaving for the night, they are still in my possession.

Although I didn't drink that much, I woke up late this morning with a head thick with fog. I drank a large glass mixed with a variety of juices and meditated in an effort to bring myself back to my usual hale self. I was mostly successful, but I'm still lethargic. I'm reminded of why I don't drink that often.

Well, it's the 4th of July and I'm not sure there's anything going on. I haven't heard of any cook outs or similar activities taking place, so maybe I'll lay low and do some reading. Maybe I'll watch Manhattan at some point. Or maybe I'll take a page out of Bridgette's book and go back to bed.

No comments: