Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In the wee small hours of the evening

I wish I could express what's going on in my head right now; let me tell you it hasn't been a joy holding it back, but I'm afraid, at least for now, I must. It's nothing bad, quite the opposite--I've touched upon it in mysterious fashion in previous posts--and the reason it's a secret is because, well, damn, there's a time and a place for everything. So maybe I should keep my mouth shut about it then, instead of teasing around the subject. I'll do my best, though hopefully soon enough the planets will align in my favor and I'll be able to divulge the particulars of the matter.

Man, I love my new blender. I've been making fruit smoothies with it and they've been delicious. The jolt of energy I feel after downing one is something else. I feel like Popeye, though without the pipe, spinach, and missing eye. Now, where's my Olive Oil?

I went over Amanda's place last night and we hung out in her room and watched Extras until we were sore from laughing and photoshopped some goats (don't ask). Knowing ahead of time that I wouldn't be arriving home by bed time, I wasn't too surprised when I pulled in the driveway at 12:30. Sometimes you have to break routine.

I just finished watching The Matador and though it wasn't as good as I thought it might be, it didn't turn out as bad as it appeared it would be as I was watching it. My mother absolutely hated the movie when she watched it a few weeks ago---she said it was too weird---so I was pretty sure I was going to like it. And I did--so how do you like that?

If you're looking for a great album to have on as background music as you clean or write or surf the net or whatever, look no further than Califone's Heron King Blues. I've had the album for a couple of years now and it's really pretty and cohesive. And when I say it makes for great background music, I don't mean to suggest that it doesn't perform well under close scrutiny, because it certainly does.

Now it's off to work on some songs, and if that doesn't pan out like I fear it won't, I'll do some reading. Now, if you'll excuse me....

No comments: